Friday, February 5, 2010


Long time... So Chris is in school fulltime and hating it. But he just needs to hang in there and then he will just have one more semester left till he graduates in Public Emergency Services Management. He has to have a degree to be able to test for Captain in 4 years. When his degree is done I get to go back and finish MINE! I am in Exercise Physiology and Nutrition at the U. I also happen to love school and can't wait.

We also started the Dave Ramsey "Total Money Makeover" thanks to the Maggiora's. It's been 8 weeks and we have made some huge changes and some nice headway. We are working to be out of debt in less than 4 years. Learning to negotiate prices was the most awesome thing I learned so far. It's so fun to get stuff for less than I used to.

Kristina Carter and Beka Madsen taught me how to price match, look through ads, and buy coupon on ebay, so I just had my first WalMart price-matching experience and saved over $85. Pretty dang proud of myself.

I am supposedly training for my first half marathon, but training is so stressful with the guilt of leaving the kids and putting that burden on Chris. Long runs are like 90-120 minutes and I just can't spend that kind of time on myself. I still have a few times, but getting up early is a real pain when maddie is up all night teething. So I have only run once in the past 2 weeks. I am going today though. Just a 5 mile.

Also we are in the market for a new digital camera and a new computer (thank you tax credit...). Anyone have any recommendations? We are thinking of the Canon Powershot D10 cause it's waterproof and shockproof and since we like to take our cameras to the beach and rockclimbing, I thought it was a good plan. As far as computers, Chris is digging the HP Touchpoint. We like the all in one concept. Feedback??

3 comments:

Cheree said...

GO CHRIS. I just thought he could use a shout out for finishing school. WOO HOO AMY YOU CAN DO IT. YOU'RE SOOO THE WOMAN! I hear ya on the teething thing but I'd love to come cheer you on at this marathon!

Deserae Johnson said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Deserae Johnson said...

if you have the money to get an apple, you will definitely be happy for the long run. im really that i went that route. it has paid itself off many times already!!!